An exciting new certification, Marketing Cloud Administrator, has been announced, which offers Salesforce Marketing professionals another notch on the belt. The new credential joins the other existing Marketing Cloud certifications: Marketing Cloud Email Specialist, Marketing Cloud Consultant, Marketing Cloud Developer – to now form a multi-level set of credentials to cater to a range of professional personas.
Figures from the latest Mason Frank Salary Survey (the largest survey of its kind in the Salesforce industry) show a promising outlook for salaries in Marketing Cloud specialised roles, when compared to hybrid roles where certifications are typically not pre-requisites. Here’s an in-depth guide on how Salesforce Certifications can accelerate your career.
Who are Marketing Cloud Admins? Who Should Get Certified?
There are some defining characteristics of Marketing Cloud Administrators. The suggested experience and knowledge to take this certification exam includes:
- Thoroughly navigates Setup – this makes up the bulk of the questions (38%)
- Business Units: configure business unit structure, permissions, and security
- Troubleshoot account configuration
- User requests: granting access, assigns Marketing Cloud roles to users
- Monitoring the account: auditing, notifications,
- Data extraction and report generation
- Configure Marketing Cloud builders and studios.
- Subscriber data: familiar with data structure and management
- Evaluate data quality
- Knowledge of Marketing Cloud extension products and features (Datorama, Interaction Studio, Audience Builder, etc.)
Knowledge of Marketing Cloud integration offerings (FTP, API, MC Connect)
- Configure Marketing Cloud utilizing industry and product best practices.
As we know, ‘best practice’ is subjective requiring hands-on experience to learn the quirks, and so cannot be learned from a textbook. That’s why certifications demonstrate system prowess – in order to pass, you have to demonstrate you really do know your stuff.
You won’t be expected to know programmatic languages or SQL/Developer tasks.
How Can You Get Certified?
The certification exam is 60 multiple-choice questions, where you will have 105 minutes to achieve a pass mark of 67%. There’s self-study material on Trailhead: Administer Marketing Cloud. Maybe give this trail a go first! There are other instructor-led courses available, which you can find detailed in the exam guide.
If this sounds like a good fit for what you do day-to-day, then the first step is to visit the overview page to schedule your exam!